Radiospares OT in Place

A place to discuss wiring, installation, diagrams and so on.

Radiospares OT in Place

Postby bigtomrodney » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:34 pm

Hey guys, I just finished up my JTM45 build last week - or rather finally got around to troubleshooting...

Anyway, the Radiospares transformer is great. I had good fun wiring it in and I really have to say it's a wonder to behold. Yeah I know, only a hardened guitar-geek could think such a thing! Anyway, she's in place and sounding absolutely fantastic. I just wanted to post here to thank Brian for a great transformer. I'm recommending them to all my friends...and they're not even building anything!

Cheers!
bigtomrodney

Advertisement

Banner ads are available for $25 a month. PM or Email me at Info@wallaceamps.com for more details.

Re: Radiospares OT in Place

Postby Brian Wallace » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:05 pm

Thanks, I better get them back in stock. :)
Remember....You can fix it with a little extra energy and a positive attitude. ;)
Brian Wallace
Site Admin

Postby bigtomrodney » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:35 pm

There's no saying more true than your signature, that certainly came into play with my build.
Remember....You can fix it with a little extra energy and a positive attitude.

I have one question if you don't mind. I wired up a switch on the OT primary between 8K and 6.6K. I'm in two minds on whether to take this out or leave it in, hearing different stories everywhere I ask. It goes without saying I'd never switch it while turned on but is this a bad idea generally? It's a Carling DPDT, rated at 250V/10A if that's any help.

I don't mind taking it out if it's a bad idea, but it is a nice idea so I'd like to keep it if possible.

Cheers again Brian!
bigtomrodney

Postby Harris53 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:42 pm

any pics on how to hook up the radio ot? for the jtm45 having troubles. thanks
Harris53

Return to Marstran Transformers