Mod board

A place to discuss wiring, installation, diagrams and so on.

Mod board

Postby Brian Wallace » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:29 am

I'm thinking of offering a mod board that would mount to the back of the amp. The mods would be a master volume(this could be a pre or post PI master) and a resonance control. I would consider a third position but want to ask what might be another mod that would go with the first two.

The mod board will have all parts and wires needed to install the mod. Let me know if you think this is a good idea.

Brian
Remember....You can fix it with a little extra energy and a positive attitude. ;)
Brian Wallace
Site Admin

Advertisement

Banner ads are available for $25 a month. PM or Email me at Info@wallaceamps.com for more details.

Re: Mod board

Postby myfoot » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:34 pm

I'd try one. Not sure what the 3rd option would be used for?
myfoot

Postby neikeel » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:01 pm

I am going to remove the resonance control from my super plexi and try variable NFB ( to go from early plexi 16/27k to metal panel 4/100k) that should help with the loss of NFB with a PPIMV (other option is reverse cut - for the same reasons). The resonance mod needs the power section to be cranked which a PPIMV diminishes........so :?:
Neil
neikeel

Postby Brian Wallace » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:43 pm

If I build it right the board can be used for PPIMV, regular MV, Variable slope control, Variable NFB, Resonance control. You pick what you want on the mod board.
Remember....You can fix it with a little extra energy and a positive attitude. ;)
Brian Wallace
Site Admin

Postby neikeel » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:59 pm

Hi Brian

Who are you aiming the product at?

Is it a pcb kit? How do you envisage it being installed?
Neil
neikeel

Postby Brian Wallace » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:05 pm

I would think kit builders or modders might like this board. It will be a PCB board like the zero loss FX loop that will mount on the back of the amp.
Brian Wallace
Site Admin

Return to Marstran Transformers