Nashville Amp Show Aug 22 & 23!

A place to discuss Wallace amps.

Re: Nashville Amp Show Aug 22 & 23!

Postby swankmotee » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:10 am

Jeff West wrote:Hamilton- Any chance we might find you wandering the halls in Nashville next time? I'd like to meet and pick, strum and greet.

swank- I've got the tubes, also bp RCA 6l6GCs as another that could be demoed. Might be a little easier in some respects if we were to consider doing pairs instead of quads, though. Although that might violate your moral compass!

Jeff W.

I'm not afraid to GEEK OUT with strange glass in a Marshall!LOL! Worth hearing in my book so we'll ponder that proposal in lew of the next gathering. :twisted:
www.myspace.com/tommyhatcher for the sound of THUNDRIN' Marshall 100 watters!
swankmotee

Advertisement

Banner ads are available for $25 a month. PM or Email me at Info@wallaceamps.com for more details.

Postby Jeff West » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:27 am

Right!
I meant you might not be satisfied with running just two strange at a time in there!

All the heads sounded good Sunday, of the vintage ones I especially liked the '67 on the right (viewed facing the stage)- sitting somewhat above the '73, I think.
Jeff West

Postby swankmotee » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:52 am

Jeff West wrote:Right!
I meant you might not be satisfied with running just two strange at a time in there!

All the heads sounded good Sunday, of the vintage ones I especially liked the '67 on the right (viewed facing the stage)- sitting somewhat above the '73, I think.
Yeah, thats my ole 67' that I sold because I wanted a car more!LOL! It sounds friggin' awesome!
www.myspace.com/tommyhatcher for the sound of THUNDRIN' Marshall 100 watters!
swankmotee

Postby Hamilton » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:50 pm

Hey Jeff,

I'd love to go to Nashville for a number of reasons, but I don't make much money and on top of that work is all but dead around here. Since I play pedal steel guitar it wouldn't take much for me to be entertained back there, that's for sure.

How's everything else going? Did you move back to New Orleans? I think I remember you were staying somewhere until things came back together...

Hamilton
Hamilton

Postby Brian Wallace » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:24 am

Maybe a group effort can get you to the next show?
Remember....You can fix it with a little extra energy and a positive attitude. ;)
Brian Wallace
Site Admin

Postby Hamilton » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:51 am

I have an idea.

When nobody is looking, quickly duct tape me to the side of the plane : I'll hold my breath once we're over 150 miles per hour.
Hamilton

Postby Brian Wallace » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:37 am

It would be easier to throw money at the problem. :)
Remember....You can fix it with a little extra energy and a positive attitude. ;)
Brian Wallace
Site Admin

Postby Jeff West » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:48 am

How's everything else going? Did you move back to New Orleans? I think I remember you were staying somewhere until things came back together...

Hamilton

Hamilton- My family and I have been living in Memphis all this while since Katrina, with frequent visits to New Orleans. We did sell our uptown house down there last year, just in time before the banks started tanking as it developed. With some regrets, but double mortgages definitely meant perceivin' the blues. We may return there yet for another run, I'm being recruited as it turns out. Memphis has its own unique and compelling musical aspects, among others, I'm glad to stand and play just where Howlin' Wolf did on occasion and there's something of a "related cities" phenomena, at the top and bottom of the delta, 410 mile highway run straight up and down, and both along the Mississippi. My folks are still in W. L.A. too, so we get out there.

If ya get to Memphis, New Orleans, or Nashville in future, would be happy to try to connect. Possibly S. Cal one of these old days too. The Nashville Amp Expo was particularly tasty, so maybe we'll figure out a way to all get together there next year.

Pedal steel(!) - if you do get to Nashville, must check out the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum. More Nudie suits than you can shake a stick at, but much else too. Can see Pete Drake's rig and a little video of him explaining his tuning and inspiration for "Lay Lady Lay". Have you seen Robert Randolph and band play live, by any chance, they definitely blow the roof clean off, most intense pedal steel concept I've experienced to date.

Also, near to the big Country Music Hall of Fame there's a more discrete looking "Musician's Hall of Fame Museum", also well worth checking out. Can see guitars, sitars and drum kits played on records that changed our lives. Maybe Nashville denizens on this board can throw in suggestions too.

Looking forward-

Jeff
Jeff West

Postby Hamilton » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:50 pm

Jeff West wrote: More Nudie suits than you can shake a stick at, but much else too.

Hah!

Yep, it's amazing how much California influenced the country music scene in the 50's and 60's. That all started when the Okie's and Texans moved out here to work in the oil fields. Then companies like Nudie, Fender, Dobro, Bigsby, Rickenbacker, JBL and others started making really good stuff. Interestingly, a lot of them are still here.

Yeah, we gotta meet up sometime, I'm sure we could sit by a pool side and talk about amps and Plexi Palace from sun up to sun down. :mrgreen:
Hamilton

Postby Nickcha » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:23 pm

My heart is all a twitter. I have GOT to come to this show next year. Tommy and Barry rolled out a special invite to me and called to check up, but I wasn't able to make it. I really missed it. All these guys and names I've known for years and 2 of my favorite amp makers (Besides Marshall and VOX), Brian Wallace and Paul Cochrane. Somebody send a posse next Summer if I act like I'm draggin' my heals.

I own the original purple BKW50 propotype amp (along with matching purple "Gromit" 60s 412 slant), and now I just bought a Heritage Colonial. So when I come next year I'll bring 'em and get 'em signed. Wait, my Wallace is already signed.

Please bring back that '68 white 1/2 stack!
Nickcha

Postby Brian Wallace » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:27 pm

Nick,

Be sure to bring the TF team from Florida with you as well. :wink:
Brian Wallace
Site Admin

Postby Nickcha » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:40 pm

Brian,

I already spoke with Scott Pearson, who has always liked Wallace amps, BTW.
Nickcha

Postby Brian Wallace » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:50 pm

Sounds great, I hope to have some new cool stuff at the show this year. :D
Brian Wallace
Site Admin

Postby Nickcha » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:17 pm

Brian,

We've all been Wallace fans since your first brown box BKW45 at TF02 or 03. My UK friend, Gary Winterflood, who's a long time friend and associate of Denis Cornell, really liked the BKW45. Since then we flipped over the 45/100, my 50w, and the Abaddon.

Since changing back mine from KT66s to EL34s, I'm in love again. I tried out a few sets of Mullard xf2 dbl getters and 60s NOS 6CA7s, but the winner was a set of xf4 single getters rebranded for Sylvania. BTW, the PI is farthest from the EL34s, right
Nickcha

Postby Brian Wallace » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:22 pm

The TF clan has always been good to me right from the first show. It's that type of support that keeps me going.

The PI tube is closest to the power tubes.
Brian Wallace
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Wallace Amplification