TGP review

A place to discuss Wallace amps.

TGP review

Postby Brian Wallace » Wed May 26, 2010 7:34 am

Here is a cool review of the Wallace Abaddon done by Bill Compeau from Ark amps.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=723138

Since I can't get this amp off my mind I might as well post about my experience with the Wallace Abaddon 50 watt amp I experienced (again) at the last Motor City Amp Showcase on May 15th.

First of all the looks of this thing is classic-ally cool but with his own unique and killer logo and knobs to set it apart from the rest of the "Marshall crowd".

One feature I particularly thought was cool was the "drive" control which is great for dialing your signal level before hitting the gain section of the amp, you can get some different variations of tone just with that knob alone.

I played this amp (as usual) with Brian's trusty old '75 honey burst LP with a maple neck, the thing almost plays by itself and really sings.

What gets me excited the most about this amp is the unique character of the overdrive. Words that come to mind are "leathery", "Organic" and "inspiring".

Rarely do I get to play other builders amps that really do it for "me" the way this particular model does; right up my musical alley.

I would tend to use an amp like this for more of a mid-high gain setting mostly but it seems to be good below and above that gain level, I just tend to use less gain than I used to (old age??)

I keep telling Brian he needs to get this thing into the hands of Ty Tabor as I expect he would flip over it!!

I don't know if I should thank him or curse him for getting me so worked up over the Abaddon, hard to get that tone out of my head!

I have been scheming of a financial plan to get one in the near future
Remember....You can fix it with a little extra energy and a positive attitude. ;)
Brian Wallace
Site Admin

Advertisement

Banner ads are available for $25 a month. PM or Email me at Info@wallaceamps.com for more details.

Re: TGP review

Postby Maschine » Wed May 26, 2010 7:42 pm

Congrats Brian!! 8) 8)
.....if it doesn't have tubes.....
Maschine

Re: TGP review

Postby Brian Wallace » Wed May 26, 2010 9:58 pm

Thanks, I wasn't expecting that review at all. :)
Remember....You can fix it with a little extra energy and a positive attitude. ;)
Brian Wallace
Site Admin

Return to Wallace Amplification