1W Wallace amp

A place to discuss Wallace amps.

Re: 1W Wallace amp

Postby David B » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:22 am

Haha look at that thing, stick it next to a 139 :twisted:

can't wait to see the completed amp
David B

Advertisement

Banner ads are available for $25 a month. PM or Email me at Info@wallaceamps.com for more details.

Postby neikeel » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:19 pm

You are a bad man Mr Wallace - I might have to get one of these wee beasties :roll:
Neil
neikeel

Postby Brian Wallace » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:07 pm

David,

I'll snap a shot later, should be funny.

Neil,

This OT is specific to a 12au7, I can sell them but they will be about as much as a choke.
Remember....You can fix it with a little extra energy and a positive attitude. ;)
Brian Wallace
Site Admin

Postby probelus » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:16 am

Brian,

Let me know If you ever need a combo version or a matching cab for the 1W Wallace amp. I can provide cool 2.5'' Mil.Spec. Russian speakers :lol: .
I can even kill my gecko to get a natural "snakeskin tolex" for the first prototype :twisted: :lol:

Cheers!
Kirill
probelus

Postby Brian Wallace » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:30 am

Hey Kirill,

What does that cost? :)
Remember....You can fix it with a little extra energy and a positive attitude. ;)
Brian Wallace
Site Admin

Postby probelus » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:00 am

Considering it's a voice module from Russian OTIS elevator... hm... about $3 for one speaker :lol:
probelus

Postby neikeel » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:31 pm

I have been casting around for a low output amp to play smaller gigs with (even my 18watter seems to be too loud now :evil: ) but I am not sure the 1w will do the trick (unless through a 4x12 with 100dB speakers).
I have been looking at these http://guitaramplifierpcbs.com/PlexiSE.aspx which are modded Epi valve juniors but the concept of a 5watt single ended single input, TMB with volume and MV is very appealing.

I guess a schematic would help and then make a layout for a turretboard with chassis mounted valves and transformers. Looks like BNP have the front and rear plates. Brian seems to have contacts for making a chassis, wonder how the quality of the transformers affects sound on one of these...................just thinking aloud :wink:
Neil
neikeel

Postby Brian Wallace » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:00 pm

I came across this amp while doing research for the 1W. I am working on getting circuit boards made for some of my amps and could do something like this. The chassis and panels are easy as well.
Brian Wallace
Site Admin

Postby neikeel » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:09 am

Thanks for the schematic 8) .

Very, very similar to stock split cathode plexi even down to a cathode follower tone stack and the 6V6 is cathode biased, looks a complete doddle to me, could build one from my spares box tonight apart from the transformers, seems a shame to gut an epiphone valve jr just for the trannies. I would want to make a head that I could plug into one of my cabs, like a small version of a plexi.

Wonder if anyone else would be interested?

I think the photos you see abouve would be the ideal basis. Could probably be set up for any octal output tube?

Brian do you have any advice?
Neil
neikeel

Postby Brian Wallace » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:15 am

Neil,

A single ended octal set up can be done but I'm not sure the valve junior transformers will work, I don't know the specs on them.
Brian Wallace
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Wallace Amplification