Amp Building Seminar

A place to discuss Wallace amps.

Amp Building Seminar

Postby Brian Wallace » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:38 pm

I'm thinking of possibly doing an amp building seminar for the novice. Any thoughts on this?
Remember....You can fix it with a little extra energy and a positive attitude. ;)
Brian Wallace
Site Admin

Advertisement

Banner ads are available for $25 a month. PM or Email me at Info@wallaceamps.com for more details.

Re: Amp Building Seminar

Postby Brian Wallace » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:44 pm

No comments?
Remember....You can fix it with a little extra energy and a positive attitude. ;)
Brian Wallace
Site Admin

Postby dai h. » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:06 pm

there was an old post by Bruce of Misson Amps on his experience with giving seminars that you might want to look up (ampage/music electronics forum). (Been a long time so I don't remember much of the specifics on particular, but) different people wanted different things (people already having some experience wanted more, so possibly, might be a need to tailor for different groups--beginner/intermediate/advanced, etc.), plus (in his locale, situation, etc.) he related (IIRC) that he couldn't find a lot of people to sign up. Bruce Egnater was (is?) doing some build seminars also apparently, and a couple of people posted threads with positive experiences.
dai h.

Postby Brian Wallace » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:20 pm

Dai,

The first seminar would be more for the beginner builder and would have a basic build, small amp with some tweaks. The class would be focused on the building of the amp with questions about the amp and it's components answered as the build progresses. Theory would be more based on why something does what it does rather than number crunching. Visual/Audio examples could be set up to show this, for example, a cathode switch with different values could be used to show how two common configurations sound different from each other. As for the number of people, I am looking for five people to take the class and maybe have them every other month. I can add different levels of classes, beginner/intermediate/ advanced, as we go.

Bruce has not held a class since 2009. I am currently working with his partner, Frank Lamarra, and my old boss from the Guytron days. He is the one that has suggested I do this course and has explained to me what Bruce was doing in his classes.
Brian Wallace
Site Admin

Postby newking70 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:54 pm

it would be cool......perhaps build something like a 1974x or 2061.
newking70

Return to Wallace Amplification