AIC "Facelift" Bogner modded JCM800 (pics)

Repairs, trouble shooting, modding and so on.

AIC "Facelift" Bogner modded JCM800 (pics)

Postby dai h. » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:16 pm

(I have no idea if it is legit, but the poster claims the amp was used on Alice in Chains' "Facelift" album). Couple of pictures of the added board @Gearslutz:

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/geekslut ... elift.html
dai h.

Advertisement

Banner ads are available for $25 a month. PM or Email me at Info@wallaceamps.com for more details.

Re: AIC "Facelift" Bogner modded JCM800 (pics)

Postby neikeel » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:54 am

Sounds like the OP on that thread is horribly out of his depth and it will all end in tears (oh and a trashed JCM800 board!).

Not exactly difficult to do particularly once you have drawn your schematic - are you going to post and offer to hold his hand through it :?
Neil
neikeel

Re: AIC "Facelift" Bogner modded JCM800 (pics)

Postby dai h. » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:24 am

naahh. :lol: Not really in the mood though I've attempted reverse engineering via pictures before. There's a bit on MEF forum where I tried to draw out a Matchless Reverb but it wasn't super successful owing to the fuzzy photos I was working from. And there was another JSuhr Marshall mod which appeared to be basically a ch. (Crunch? IIRC) from his 3-ch. preamp(and head--Ithink). More curiousity really than trying to clone. (From the parts I could see in the Matchless Reverb pics) they seem to have a fondness for paralleling the sections of a dual triode. Plus general persectives/study on layout, grounding (one example, the Marshall mod seemed to show pretty conventional use of grid stoppers right on the pin).
dai h.

Return to Amp Spa