My new JTM 45 bluesbreaker build, "help required"

Repairs, trouble shooting, modding and so on.

My new JTM 45 bluesbreaker build, "help required"

Postby thebloosman » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:00 am

Hi guys, I'm from the UK and new to the forum so please go easy on me....

I am just about to embark on my biggest build/achevment to date with re-building my marshall bluesbreaker combo.
I have ordered a custom built PTP board with additional tremolo circuit and my new Marstran RS OT jtm 45.
I have limited knowledge of amp building, but I know enough not to get fried or injured!
My approach is methodical," so I'm sure to learn a thing or two here" but everyone needs help now n' then , but mainly I don't want to screw this up, so with you guys helping me, together we can make the best amp in rock history sound even better!!!!
My aim is to get this amp wired for sound ASAP with your help!
So....my amp is a first re-issue bluesbreaker Circa 89' and I'm only replacing the PCB with a hand wired board and the OT with the new marstran OT .
So what I need to know firstly is, the correct wiring of the OT to the power-tubes-board etc...so can someone please direct me on this?? I have looked at the diagram by Brian on the marstran site, but I just want to be clear on every connection from the OT. "Can someone please give me detailed instructions for the wiring?" Especially from the OT and where everything goes for a 4 ohm connection. I look forward to hearing from some of you guys....
thebloosman

Advertisement

Banner ads are available for $25 a month. PM or Email me at Info@wallaceamps.com for more details.

Re: My new JTM 45 bluesbreaker build, "help required"

Postby neikeel » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:51 pm

Post as you go with pics.

The early cab/chassis will not accommodate KT66s - what tones are you after?
Neil
neikeel

Return to Amp Spa