Jtm bluesbreaker "help needed" nearly finished....

Repairs, trouble shooting, modding and so on.

Jtm bluesbreaker "help needed" nearly finished....

Postby thebloosman » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:10 am

Hey guys.....
The amp is coming on great, its nearly finished, but I've stumbled upon a small problem!
I'm trying to figure it out myself but I now need some help,
Im using the ceriatone drawing for my amp, but My rectifier is wired different to the layout on the drawing, so I'm stuck on the wire that goes from the board to the rectifier!! "Do you know how the rectifier should be wired? Or where the wire goes on the existing wiring to the rectifier?
Also the choke wires, there are only two wires from the choke, black & red, I presume that these wires can only be positive and negative, so the red to the power cap and the black to the cap ground?

Any help would be great! Cheers
thebloosman

Advertisement

Banner ads are available for $25 a month. PM or Email me at Info@wallaceamps.com for more details.

Re: Jtm bluesbreaker "help needed" nearly finished....

Postby neikeel » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:30 pm

The choke is non-polarised - does not matter which wire goes where.

The GZ34 rectifier has two wires from the PT for the heaters (0 and 5vac) which go to the pins 2 and 8.

Pins 4 and 6 get the ac from the HT secondary of your PT, one of these lugs (does not matter which, gets a white wire that goes to the bias dropping resistor on the board -180k for the correct tranny).

The HT feed to the standby switch is typically a red wire that goes to pin 8 (the other side of standby to the first filter cap, choke etc).
Neil
neikeel

Return to Amp Spa