Adrian- Particular Heerlen tube

NOS, modern, dating and identifying.

Adrian- Particular Heerlen tube

Postby Jeff West » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:46 pm

Hey Adrian, hope all's good. I was curious if you still have the mid-'60s "Amperex" (actually "Hammond", IIRC) shortplate 12AX7 that had codes in ink on the bottom between the pins? I should have kept a photo, I've still never seen nor heard of another like it. Thanks-

Jeff
Jeff West

Advertisement

Banner ads are available for $25 a month. PM or Email me at Info@wallaceamps.com for more details.

Re: Adrian- Particular Heerlen tube

Postby adrian » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:26 pm

Hi Jeff,

sorry it took me quite a while to get into looking over my tube stash. I've just been traveling too much, due to a project, some hours from my home.

Last weekend I checked my notes, but, unfortunately, coundn't find that one. It might still be sitting in a box though. Any other hints what to look for?
Did I send you any pics back then? You're not talking about the Italian one, are you?

Adrian
adrian

Postby Jeff West » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:21 am

Hey Adrian- Sorry, I've been away for awhile too.

I was talking about a shortplate Heerlen Philips I sent you in about 2004, '66 or so I think, it had "Hammond" brand, the weird thing was it had the delta and date codes inked not etched on the bottom between the pins, like early '50s longplates. When I visited at your old home, you had it there on a shelf with some other tubes, I recall. Was just curious to refresh my memory of it.

Hope all's mellifluous with you-

Jeff
Jeff West

Postby adrian » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:22 am

Hi Jeff,

your hint did the trick. Just found some boxes with 'Jeff' written on them :)

12AX7 / ECC83
MADE IN HOLLAND
2-1
HAMMOND 07
III
and inked on the bottom:
I65
'delta' 6J4

I'll shoot some pics.

Adrian
adrian

Postby Jeff West » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:39 am

Thanks Adrian- that's it. Looks authentic, doesn't it? But I haven't seen another like it.
Jeff West

Return to Tubes