Marshall Bluesbreaker schematic details

Talk about the evolution of Marshall's.

Marshall Bluesbreaker schematic details

Postby patrice_on_marstran » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:48 pm

Hi,

I'm looking to build a Marshall Amp. Perhaps a Bluesbreaker replica if it's simple enough. I have found a schematic online, and have a question or two, if you don't mind!

http://www.ceriatone.com/images/layoutP ... iatone.jpg

I see that several capacitors have a voltage rating, while some others don't. Can I use any voltage rating cap? Is this info missing because it doesn't matter or could a specific value be assumed?

What about the resistors, how can you tell in sections of the amp if you should be using 1/2 watts, 1 watt or 2 watts resistance? How would using 2 watts across the board would affect the sound?

Cheers,

Patrice
patrice_on_marstran

Advertisement

Banner ads are available for $25 a month. PM or Email me at Info@wallaceamps.com for more details.

Re: Marshall Bluesbreaker schematic details

Postby neikeel » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:52 pm

Hello Patrice

Welcome.

Before you build it might be prudent to read a little more around the subject, just for background info.

Most of the resistors are 0.5watt, although the B+ supply rail originally used 1watt resistors nowadays most people use 2watt flameproof (metal oxide). The coupling capacitors in a Marshall are usually at least 400v (many modern equivalents are 600v but that is not important. The silver mica caps in the tonestack, bypass and PI plates are typically 500v.

To save time and effort look at the Valvestorm.com build checklists, Robert has all the specs and lists you need. I recommend the site for all you need.

Before you build what a re you after, as a BB is a very low gain blues amp. A lot of people who want a smaller plexi actually have a 50w tone in their heads.

BTW that is not a schematic you posted to, it is a layout. This is a schematic:
Neil
neikeel

Re: Marshall Bluesbreaker schematic details

Postby patrice_on_marstran » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:12 pm

Thanks! This is much appreciated.
Indeed I'll go do some homework.

Patrice
patrice_on_marstran

Return to Marshall Data Base